This is the bed side of the room...obviously.
Here is a break down of the items in this picture:
- The bed is an antique my mother in law got at an estate sale for $2
- The quilt, shams and curtain are from Home Goods
- The throw pillows and blanket are from Target
- The comforter underneath the quilt is from Delia's. It's plain white and is supposed to be a duvet insert, but we don't have a duvet and it was on clearance for $15 so we went for it and put it under the quilt.
- The side table and lamp are from IKEA.
- The artwork was made by me in 8th grade. I won the art award that year off it and it hung in my home town's library for 5 years before I got it back so it has a special place in my heart.
- The wrought iron humming birds are from JoAnns.
The little dresser we got off craigslist. We aren't sure if we are going to keep it wood- we may paint it if we end up changing this bed out for another one Nate's mom has been working on.
And then of course there is the super festive chevron runner we got at Home Goods.
Overall, I'm pleased with it. We need to hang up some more art work (although this house hates letting us hang stuff up. Plaster and hollow walls...awesome) and we'll of course accessorize it a bit more to warm it up. I'm also working on a curtain for the closet (which I've omitted on purpose because it's super secret)
And, since I closed the door so Seamus wouldn't jump on the bed, here is your dose of Seamus for the day. Seamus is also getting a hair cut today because his face is ridiculous...
Any weekend projects coming up?