I have been tagged by the Liebster Award! It's basically a giant blogger chain letter that we all answer questions about ourselves in an effort to make our readers understand us better. These are the rules.
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs!!
So, here we go!
11 Random things about Emma (I am Emma). Here is a picture of what I look like this VERY SECOND. (thank you instagram)
1. I am really young. So young a lot of you might break up with me. In 2013, I will be turning 23 years old.
2. I love naps. I take them whenever I can find the time- Nate too.
3. I graduated from High School early and went straight off to college. I graduated on January 7 and was in my dorm room by January 10.
4. Because I was only 17 at college, I was known as "Jailbait" or "Boobs" because...ya know...the boobs.
5. My favorite color on the entire planet is Pink. Which is weird because I own almost nothing Pink anymore.
6. I have a habit of taking on more than I can chew. If there were 30 hours in a day I'd probably still use all of them and I'd complain how tired I am.
7. There is a gun case full of battery operated adult devices hidden in my home (from days when I used to do adult relationship enhancement parties *coughsextoypartycough*) to make it easier for me to move them. There are also gun cases of riffles for when Nate goes target shooting with the guys. We often joke around about what would happen if Nate took the wrong gun case to the shooting range.
8. I knew I was going to marry Nate the first minute I saw him. In fact, we met, introduced each other to our families and went ring shopping all within two weeks. We were married in less than a year.
9. I have three "in real life" best friends and three "on the internet" best friends (the bloggie besties or DIYAS) I do not keep many acquaintances because, in all honesty, I am a really reliable friend if you ask me to do something, I'm bad at cultivating new friendships because I forget that I'm supposed to like...call people.
10. If there's a party at my house there will be two colors of jello shots. One alcoholic, and one virgin. Yes, I know virgin jello shots are just jello in a cup- but they make my non-drinker friends feel involved and if there's leftovers they are really good for hangovers.
11. I hate cleaning blinds. Please don't judge me when you come over.
My 11 questions from Two Broke Bruces (Thanks for the nomi!)
1. What is your all time favorite TV show?
Gray's Anatomy. Can't miss it or I'll die.
2. What is the worst job you've ever had?
My first job when I was 15 I was the only girl who worked there. It was the most sexist, mean place on the entire planet that when I put in my two weeks notice they got even more cruel and I ended up dropping what I was doing in the middle of helping a customer and walking out. I may have used some bad language while I did it.
3. What is the messiest room in your house?
The room of doom. I don't know how it always gets so doomy...but it continues to do so.
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
Not like...at the moment. But I played violin for 3 years, cello for 2 weeks, and then trumpet for 10 years.
5. What book are you reading right now or what's the most recent book you've read? Is it/was it any good?
I'm rereading God Shaped Hole. It's one of my favorite books.
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Do I even have to answer this question?
7. If you won the lottery, what are the first 5 things you would do with your winnings?
I'd pay off all of our remaining debt, build a new back deck, purchase Nate a newer car, turn the back mudroom into a laundry room and then bank the rest. (Really I'd bank all of it, but if you're twisting my arm into spending it...)
8. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?
When I was in high school our choir went to Paris to sing in the cathedrals. That was bomb.
9. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Mumble Bitching. Nate is the biggest offender. I'll ask him to do a simple thing like hang a picture at normal person height and if he messes up a quiet spew of profanity will follow along with groans and grumbles. Makes my skin itch.
10. If money was no object, and you could do anything for a living just for pure enjoyment, what would you do?
I would adopt all the babies and all the dogs and be a stay at home mom on a big property.
11. What's your specialty...i.e. what's the best dish or meal that you make? (Feel free to share your recipe) :o)
Uhhhh... I make a wicked pizza from scratch. But I can't share because it's a secret.
So I hope y'all enjoyed getting to know the weirdness that is me a little bit more. When I find time to call my bloggie bitches to make them do this, I will, but for now you're stuck knowing about me.
Now a question to my readers:
Do you all care about the person behind the blog or are you like, "ya, ya, shut up bitch and show me something cool"
...because you know...I'm cool! ;)