With the "impending doom" as we are calling it of our little one joining the family next week, I have declared the nursery "good enough". Yes, there are still things that need to get done (and yes, Nate still needs to lug some construction materials out of there) but at the end of the day, Wook isn't going to care that we didn't get the crown installed, or the chair rail up. She's going to care that she has a clean sheet, a nice changing pad, diapers on her butt, and a quiet place to hang out with a boob.
Plus, with my awesome mom here helping me out, we have finished the crib bedding (and someone is lucky enough to have two awesome grandmas who EACH made her a wild thing quilt. The one in these pictures is the one CQ and I finished last night, you've all seen the one Nate's mom made for us on IG a few weeks ago) we've washed the diapers and we've fluffed the recliner. It is crazy to think of this room as the dark, evil, maple leaf room of death that I hated so much I never went in there to it now being somewhere I go to read a golden book and talk to my tummy.
My Mom also made a lot of this stuff, and by popular demand, I've made her a blog (though right now I mostly just stole recipes that she had posted on her facebook so I could use them....) and I'll be showing her how to post tutorials and stuff that I'll be linking to as we get them done.
So, since I took about a zillion pictures (since once Wookie actually lives in there I know it won't look like this) let's go on in to Wookie's Room.
When you walk into the room you can see straight back to the playroom and out the back window. I added ruffles to IKEA curtains, as well as making the curtain in the playroom. The painting was given to us by a childhood friend at one of my baby showers.
If we go in and rotate to the left, there is the crib- with the bedding and mobile that CQ made (which again I'll post links to her tutorials) on this wall we still need to add a chair railing to separate the two types of walls.
The bedding is custom that we designed together one afternoon at JoAnn fabrics using their Wild Thing line. apparently "they" are telling people to only use breathable bumpers nowadays so we decided to make a custom crib sheet to give the illusion of a bumper while still staying safe.
The crib skirt is made from yellow seer sucker and a white eyelet gathered tier. We hung it under the crib using a tension rod. The orange in the sheet is picked up in the polka dotted rug from IKEA.
The Grandma CQ quilt is a bunting design made from the different fabrics in the room as well as a few vintage ones from CQ's stash.
This corner of the room also has a window, which is usually filled by Bridget, who is making sure shit doesn't go down.
With another twist, we see the IKEA dresser/changing table with giant Wild Thing art that is flanked by the closet and the door to the hallway.
On our final turn we see the other dresser in the room. It's nice and small- perfect for onesies. Nate also changed the light fixture in here. We have it shoved over to one side so we can use the outlet for some of her stuff. The mirror may get painted eventually, but for now I like the wood.
On top of the dresser we have a print that makes me think of my little baby, her monitor, sound machine and terrier piggy bank. ...Because every girl needs a terrier piggy bank.
Tomorrow I will post the attached play room. But for now, excuse me while I go fold tiny tiny clothes and sing songs in her happy, but subtle Wild Thing room. The dogs will be waiting if you need anything.